Recreational Saltwater Licenses & Permits
Before purchasing a recreational fishing license, be sure to know what is needed based on activity.
Anglers (including those 65 and older) fishing in the Gulf of Mexico (excluding Monroe County) from a private boat, who plan to harvest, possess or land specific reef fish need to sign up to participate in the Gulf Reef Fish Survey.
Saltwater Fishing Licenses
Required to take or attempt to take saltwater fish, crabs, clams, marine plants or other saltwater organisms (other than non-living seashells and lionfish with certain gear).
A Florida fishing license is required to land saltwater species in Florida regardless of where they are caught (state or federal waters).
- Resident Annual: $17.00
- Resident Five-Year: $79.00
- Non-Resident Annual: $47.00
- Non-Resident 3-Day: $17.00
- Non-Resident 7-Day: $30.00
Valid for saltwater fishing from the shoreline or a structure affixed to shore. Not valid when fishing from a vessel, or a shoreline reached by vessel. Not valid if taking or attempting to take by swimming or diving.
- Resident Annual Saltwater Shoreline License: No-Cost
Saltwater fishing license combined with freshwater fishing and/or hunting license(s) for a reduced-cost to Florida residents.
- Annual Resident Saltwater Fishing|Freshwater Fishing Combination $32.50
- Annual Resident Saltwater Fishing|Freshwater Fishing|Hunting Combination $48.00
Includes Saltwater Fishing, Hunting and Freshwater Fishing licenses; and Wildlife Management Area, Archery, Muzzleloading Gun, Crossbow, Deer, Turkey, Florida Waterfowl, Snook and Lobster permits.
- Annual Resident Gold Sportsman's License: $100.00
- Five-Year Resident Gold Sportsman's License: $494.00
(Includes Hunting, Saltwater Fishing and Freshwater Fishing licenses; and Wildlife Management Area, Archery, Muzzleloading Gun, Crossbow, Deer, Turkey, Florida Waterfowl, Snook and Lobster permits). Available to Florida residents who are active duty or retired military members at GoOutdoorsFlorida.com through an online verification process. The license is also available at Florida tax collectors' offices with proof of residency and a current military identification card.
- Annual Resident Military Gold Sportsman's License: $20.00
Optional for youth ages 8 to 15 and valid until 17th birthday.
- Resident Youth Saltwater Fishing License: $17.00
- Resident Youth Gold Sportsman's License (available with completion of hunter education requirements): $100.00
Saltwater Fishing Permits
Required, in addition to a saltwater fishing license, including shoreline fishing, when taking or attempting to take snook.
- Annual: $10.00
- Five-Year (Residents Only): $50.00
Required, in addition to a saltwater fishing license, when taking or attempting to take lobster.
- Annual: $5.00
- Five-Year (Residents Only): $25.00
- Free Fishing Days
- Lifetime License Fees
- Accessibility Accommodations for Persons with Disabilities
- Shoreline license requirements
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Recreational vessel and pier licenses
- Charter and headboat operators, guides
- Other saltwater licenses and permits
Hard Card: A hard, credit card-style license can be purchased in addition to purchasing your license or permits. The hard card costs $5 and will be shipped separately (please note your receipt and “hard card shipped separately” to verify this was included). NOTE: Each $5 hard card can hold up to seven different licenses or permits.
Costs: Prices listed on this website include a tax collector's fee. In addition to the cost of a license or permit listed below, the license or permit vendor may also charge an issuance fee of 50¢.
All sales are final. License and permit fees are nonrefundable.