Skip to main content

Military Gold Sportsman's License

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission (FWC) offers the Military Gold Sportsman's License to active duty and retired members of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Armed Forces Reserve, the Florida National Guard, the United States Coast Guard or the United States Coast Guard Reserve that are stationed in Florida or claim Florida as their primary residence.

Licenses and permits included

This reduced-fee $20 annual license offers the same privileges as the traditional $100 Gold Sportsman's License. The Military Gold Sportsman's License includes the Hunting, Saltwater Fishing and Freshwater Fishing licenses; and the Deer, Wildlife Management Area, Archery, Muzzleloading Gun, Crossbow, Turkey, Florida Waterfowl, Snook and Lobster permits.

The license does not include tarpon tags, alligator trapping licenses, limited entry hunt permits, migratory bird permit or the federal duck stamp.

Hunter education requirements do apply to military members.

How to get this license

The Military Gold Sportsman's License is available to Florida residents who are active duty or retired military members at through an online verification process. The license is also available at Florida tax collectors' offices with proof of residency and a current military identification card.


Eligible military members

All active military members who are stationed in Florida with current military orders are eligible for this license.

Florida residents who are active military members are also eligible for this license.

Retired military members who are Florida residents may also obtain this license using a current Red or Blue Military identification card. Red cards must contain branch insignia on the face to be accepted.

This license is not available to family members unless they are also active duty or retired military members.

NOTE:  Florida residents who can show authorized leave documentation stating that they are not stationed in Florida and home on leave for 30 days or less are exempt from general license requirements. The leave documentation must be in possession when participating in these activities.

For information on special events and exemptions for the military, please visit the Military/Disabled Veteran Event License Exemption Permits webpage.