Guest Permit Info
A Guest Permit is a type of limited entry permit that is required in order to participate in some hunts on select Wildlife Management Areasas the guest of a quota permit holder. Each non-transferable General Gun, Archery, Muzzleloading, Wild Hog, Mobility Impaired, or Spring Turkey Quota Permit comes with a blank guest permit attached as a second page. A guest permit holder may accompany the quota permit holder and participate in the permit holder’s permitted hunt. See requirements and restrictions below for details.
- Cost: $0.00-$2.50 Guest permits are now attached as a second page to a quota hunt permit. Quota permits, with their attached guest permit, issued in the Phase I or Phase II random drawings are posted to your customer account online and can be printed from the web site for no cost. The service of printing a quota permit with the attached guest permit issued in Phase I, Phase II or reprints of permits issued in any Phase, at a Tax Collector or retail agent location will cost $2.00 or $2.50 respectively. Quota permits and their attached guest permit issued in Phase III are printed online, by a Tax Collector or by a retail agent for no cost.
- Requirements: The quota permit holder must print their quota permit and attached guest permit or have a license agent print the permits for them. Unless exempt, the guest must have all required license and permits to participate in the hunt. The guest permit must be completed, signed by the guest, and carried by the guest in the field.
- Issuance Method: Each non-transferable General Gun, Archery, Muzzleloading, Wild Hog, Mobility Impaired, or Spring Turkey Quota Permit comes with a blank guest permit attached as a second page.
- Exemptions: On those areas that allow exempt hunters to hunt without a quota permit, guest permits are not available for exempt hunters (under 16, resident age 65 or older, resident disability license holders). Youth less than 16 years of age, a youth supervisor, mentor license holders, and supervisors for mentor license holders are not required to possess a guest permit to hunt with a quota permit holder.
- Only one guest permit may be used by the quota permit holder per day.
- A new guest permit must be completed for each guest hunter that participates in the hunt.
- Guest permits are not available for daily permits issued at the check stations.
- Guest permits are not available for Blackwater General Gun Dog Hunt Area, or for Holton Creek Mobility Impaired Hunts.
- A non-transferable quota permit holder may only bring one additional person to hunt with them at a time.
- The quota permit holder and their guest must share the same vehicle and must enter and exit the area together. They are not required to hunt together once inside the area.
- The guest permit holder may hunt only when the quota permit holder is present on the area.
- On wildlife management areas where zone tags apply, the quota permit holder and the guest must hunt in the same zone.
- The quota permit holder and the guest must share a single bag limit, and the quota permit holder is responsible for making sure that the shared bag limit is not exceeded.
- Transferability: Guest permits are NOT transferable. If a quota permit holder would like to take a different guest hunting, they need to reprint their quota permit to get a new blank guest permit.
- Reprints: You can replace lost or destroyed guest permits online by reprinting the quota permit to get a new blank guest permit. You can also get a reprint of the quota permit and blank guest permit at a license agent or tax collector office will cost $2.00 or $2.50 respectively. Receipts, temporary license numbers and printed copies of web pages may not be used as a Guest permit.
- How to Get Your Permit: Guest permits are available as a second page with a quota permit. When you print your quota permit, it will also print a guest permit.