Marine Fisheries Workshops
Check back for updates on future workshops.
If you cannot attend a workshop, a recording of the presentation will be posted at YouTube.com/FWCSaltwaterFishing. Please submit your comments online at MyFWC.com/SaltwaterComments.
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) wants your input on proposed fishing regulations for Skyway Fishing Pier State Park. The proposed rules were developed to address ongoing severe entanglement of pelicans, reduce angler-seabird interactions, and further seabird conservation at the Park.
Please check back here for more information after workshops have been announced.
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) is adopting a holistic management approach for snook that includes a review of several environmental and human factors such as habitat, fishing effort, and stakeholder feedback to evaluate the fishery at a more local scale. FWC is proposing to establish 10 new management regions with snook regulations based on the status of the fishery in each region.
Share your input by attending one of FWC’s in-person workshops, which will take place from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. local time:
- March 23, 2023
- Sebastian: Sebastian City Hall – 1225 Main Street
- March 27, 2023
- West Palm Beach: South Florida Water Management District Building 1 – 3301 Gun Club Road
- March 28, 2023
- Crystal River: City Hall Council Chambers – 123 NW Highway 19
- St. Petersburg: Florida Fish and Wildlife Research Institute, Karen A. Steidinger Auditorium – 100 Eighth Avenue SE
- Naples: Rookery Bay Environmental Learning Center Auditorium – 300 Tower Road
- Stuart: City of Stuart Commission Chambers – 121 SW Flagler Avenue
- New Smyrna Beach: Brannon Center – 105 South Riverside Drive
- March 29, 2023
- Port Charlotte: Charlotte County Commissioner Chambers, Room 119 – 18500 Murdock Circle
- Ft. Pierce: St. Lucie County Commission Chambers – 2300 Virginia Avenue
- March 30, 2023
- Sarasota: The Bay Park Conservancy – 803 N. Tamiami Trail
- Ft. Myers: Joseph P. D’Alessandro Office Complex – 2295 Victoria Avenue
- Homestead: UF/IFAS Extension Miami Dade – 18710 SW 288th Street
If you cannot attend a workshop, recorded presentations will be available at YouTube.com/FWCSaltwaterFishing in April 2023.
Please submit your comments online at any time.
For questions, contact the Division of Marine Fisheries Management at (850) 487- 0554.
For questions, contact the Division of Marine Fisheries Management at (850) 487-0554.