Skip to main content

Are you a member or representative of a community group?

What is a Community Group?  Any organization that represents a group of people, such as: county/city governments, homeowners associations, sheriff offices, police departments, beekeeper associations, animal services, scout groups, school groups, churches, hunt clubs, military, colleges/universities, environmental groups, other civic groups, cable/electric companies.

We have numerous materials available to assist your group - everything from instructions on how to modify your trashcan  and install electric fencing  to educational materials like how to live in bear country  and coloring books. We also support community's efforts in becoming BearWise.

FWC staff can:

  • Present to your group
  • Train local law enforcement and animal services officers on bear response
  • Supply a PowerPoint presentation for you to give to your group
  • Supply sample language for community by-laws and covenants
  • Supply sample language for rental notices 
  • Supply sample language for waste service contracts
  • Supply sample language for ordinances about securing attractants from wildlife
  • Supply newsletter article material

To report specific human-bear conflict situations, please call your local FWC Regional Office.

If you have general questions about how your group and FWC can work together to resolve human-bear conflicts, please email