Navigating the Great Florida Birding and Wildlife Trail
Florida is the United States’ most popular state for birding and wildlife viewing with both domestic and international visitors; And for good reason, Florida is home to a wide variety of species, many of which are not found anywhere else in the United States. Planning a birding and wildlife viewing trip to Florida can be quite daunting so we have created this page to help YOU plan your wildlife viewing adventure.
Here is a list of items you will need, to help maximize your wildlife viewing experience in Florida.
- We have loaner optics programs at our gateway sites where you can borrow binoculars to use on site. Visit the Trip Planner to find gateway sites.
- Digital camera with plenty of memory cards (photographic opportunities are excellent in Florida).
- Great Florida Birding and Wildlife Trail guides.
- Insect repellent.
- Appropriate outdoor clothing (UV protective hat and clothing is recommended).
- Florida Atlas & Gazetteer.