Cooperative Land Cover, Version 3.2 - published October 2016
Beginning with the release of CLC v3.0, the Cooperative Land Cover Map will be revised continuously, with new versions being released every 6 – 12 months. FWC will now take lead on updating and maintaining the Cooperative Land Cover map. FNAI will continue to provide guidance for the classification of natural communities, and site specific data sources based on their mapping and revision efforts. The CLC follows the Florida Land Cover Classification System.
Major updates from version 3.1 to 3.2
- Overall revisions to classes were conducted to correct for boundary errors, mislabeled classes, and hard edges between classes. Vector data was compared against high resolution Digital Ortho Quarter Quads (DOQQ) and Google Earth imagery.
- Supervised and unsupervised classifications using SPOT V images were performed with the corrected polygon data as a guide for areas with complex land cover. Further visual inspections of classified areas were conducted for consistency, errors, and edge matching between image footprints.
- The addition of updated data for 43 Park Service lands.
- 9 Newly mapped Florida Forever Assessments and Florida Forever Proposals have been added.
- Non-Vegetated Wetland, Cropland/Pasture, Urban Open Land, and High Pine and Scrub underwent further review and reclassification when appropriate.
Feedback from users of the data is welcome, and users are encouraged to report data errors to firstname.lastname@example.org.