Nuisance Wildlife Trapper Registration
Nuisance Wildlife Trappers - Businesses
The FWC does not license nuisance wildlife trappers. Before removing an animal, please seek assistance in understanding the laws protecting wildlife and your options for resolving the problem. Other permits may be required before removing nuisance wildlife.
Nuisance wildlife trappers may voluntarily register to have their name and contact information added to the Wildlife Trapper List by following the link at the bottom of this page. Persons contacting the FWC looking for help with nuisance wildlife are directed to the wildlife trapper list.
Nuisance wildlife trappers (businesses) who want to remove mice, rats, squirrels, bats or pest birds should contact the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (DOACS) before doing that type of work. Trappers do not need a DOACS license to remove other nuisance wildlife outdoors such as bobcats, foxes, raccoons, opossums, armadillos, snakes, etc. For information about DOACS regulations or certification and licensing of pest control companies, visit the Division of Agriculture and Environmental Services (AES) website at www.flaes.org/ or contact the DOACS Bureau of Licensing and Enforcement at 850-617-7997.
How to add your information to the Nuisance Wildlife Trapper Directory
Follow these instructions to be listed on our Nuisance Wildlife Trapper Directory.
- As a service to the public FWC will continue to let Nuisance Wildlife Trappers list their services on its web site at MyFWC.com.
- Click on the "List Me as a Nuisance Wildlife Trapper" button below.
- This will take you to a login screen. If you have not applied for a Fish and Wildlife Commission listing, registration or permit before click on "Register". Enter the requested information and create your username and password.
- Enter your username and password.
- Enter the requested information, including the counties you are willing to work in.
- When you correctly complete the process, you will be listed under the counties you selected.
- You will be listed for one year from the time you complete the listing process. To continue to be listed you must renew you request to be listed annually.