Military/Disabled Veteran Event License Exemption Permit
An organizer who is planning an outdoor recreational event that is being held for the rehabilitation or enjoyment of disabled veterans or active or reserve duty service members may apply for a Military/Disabled Veteran Event License Exemption permit to exempt qualified event participants from Florida's recreational hunting and fishing license and permit requirements while participating in the permitted event and as specified in the terms of the permit.
Note: The permit is issued only to an event organizer and is valid only for the duration of the event, it does not exempt individual Military/Disabled Veteran participants from hunting and fishing license and permit requirements when hunting and fishing outside of the permitted event.
Who qualifies for the exemption:
- Resident and non-resident disabled veterans or active or reserve duty service members, their immediate family members and one person designated to assist each disabled veteran when participating in a permitted event and as specified in the conditions of the permit.
What this permit authorizes:
- This permit authorizes qualified event participants to hunt and fish without recreational hunting, freshwater fishing or saltwater fishing licenses or a Florida waterfowl, migratory bird, deer, turkey, snook, spiny lobster, archery season, crossbow season, muzzleloading season or management area permit during the dates specified on the event permit.
What this permit does not authorize:
- This permit does not authorize hunting or fishing without a license by anyone other than the qualified event participants who are directly participating in the permitted event and in possession of a participant permit provided by the event organizer.
- It does not exempt individual Military/Disabled Veteran participants from hunting and fishing license and permit requirements when hunting and fishing outside of the permitted event.
- The permit exemption DOES NOT apply to tarpon tags, alligator trapping licenses or permits, the federal duck stamp, persons with disabilities crossbow permit or limited entry/quota hunts.
Information to have available to apply for this permit:
- Contact and identification information, including a day-time telephone number where you can be reached during normal business hours.
- A valid email address to provide in order to receive notification of application approval or denial. If an e-mail address is not provided, the applicant may return to the application site periodically to determine if the permit was approved and to then print the certification.
- Adobe Reader and a printer.
How to apply for this permit:
- An application for an exemption permit must be made at least 10 (but no more than 365) days in advance of the scheduled event date. Applications not made 10 days in advance cannot and will not be processed.
- Click on the "Apply for a Military/Disabled Veteran Event License Exemption (MDVE) Permit" below.
- If you have previously applied online for an FWC special permit or certification, enter your username and password, or other identifying information. If you have not applied online for an FWC special permit before, click on "Register Here" and enter the requested information to create an account and continue.
- Complete the form and submit the application.
- Your completed application will be reviewed by FWC staff, who will send an email message with notification of approval or denial of the application. If you do not supply an email, you will need to check your status in your account.
- Once approved, login at the link below to access the permit.
- Print, read and sign the permit document.
Remember: Keep the permit in your possession when the event is occurring.
Apply for a Military/Disabled Veteran Event License Exemption (MDVE) Permit