Merritt Island NWR Archery Permit
Merritt Island NWR Archery Permit
A Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge (NWR) Archery Permit is a type of limited entry permit that is required in order for the permit holder and one youth under the age of 16 to participate in archery hunts for deer and hog on the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge. These are U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service hunt permits issued by the FWC. For questions about the refuge's rules and regulations or further information on the hunts, please visit the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge webpage.
- How to Apply: Hunters can apply online at GoOutdoorsFlorida.com by signing on and choosing “Apply for Limited Entry/Quota Permit” or by completing an Application Worksheet and presenting it to any license agent or tax collector's office.
- Requirements: Applicants must be at least 16 years old to apply for and obtain a Merritt Island NWR Archery permit. In addition to the Merritt Island NWR Archery Permit, a self-issuing Merritt Island NWR Big Game Regulations Permit is also required. This additional permit is available for download at the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge webpage by clicking on the big game hunt brochure. Signing this permit acknowledges that hunters are aware of and understand the refuge regulations. Hunters are required to keep their permits in their possession while hunting and must also have a valid photo ID while at the refuge. Unless exempt, a hunting license and deer and archery permits are also required while participating in this hunt, and all permit holders and guests must comply with Florida hunter education requirements and appropriate use of hunter safety mentoring exemptions.
- Cost: $0.00 to apply, $27.50 per permit.
- Exemptions: There are no exemptions for this permit.
- Restrictions: Applicants may submit one Merritt Island NWR Archery application in Phase I. A maximum of one Merritt Island NWR Archery permit is allowed each season.
- Group Applications: Group applications are NOT available for this permit type. Each permit allows the permit holder and one youth under the age of 16 to hunt.
- Issuance Method: By random drawing during Phase I. Successful applicants must purchase their permits by the specified deadline (see Application Dates & Deadlines) will be forfeited and offered by immediate issuance during Phase II.
- Drawing Results: Drawing results are typically posted within three days after an application period ends.
- Preference Points: Preference points are cumulative and one Merritt Island NWR Archery preference points will be accrued each year they are unsuccessful in Phase I. Once an applicant is successful for a permit in Phase I, the Merritt Island NWR Archery preference points will be reset to zero, even if the successful applicant does not purchase the permit by the deadline. No preference points are reinstated for neglecting to apply in Phase I. If applicants do not apply during Phase I for two consecutive years, their preference points will be reset to zero.
- How to Get Your Permit: If successful in the Phase I random drawing, applicants may pay for and print their permits online, or at a license agent or tax collector office until the permit “claim” deadline.
- Guest Permits: Guest permits are not available for this permit type. Each permit allows the permit holder and one youth under the age of 16 to hunt.
- Transferability: Merritt Island NWR Archery permits are not transferable.
- Reprints: Permit holders can reprint lost or destroyed non-transferable Merritt Island NWR Archery permits online at no cost or at a license agent or tax collector office for $2.00 or $2.50, respectively. Payment receipts or temporary license numbers may not be used as a Merritt Island NWR Archery permit.
- Returns: Returned permits are not accepted for this permit type. All sales are final.