Lake Woodruff Family Spring Turkey Permit
A Lake Woodruff Family Spring Turkey Hunt Permit is a type of limited entry permit that is required in order for the permit holder to supervise one youth hunter under the age of 16 participating in a hunt for wild turkey on Lake Woodruff National Wildlife Refuge. These are U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service hunts issued by the FWC. If you have questions about the refuge's rules and regulations or would like further information on the hunts, please visit Lake Woodruff National Wildlife Refuge. Click the Application Worksheet link below for specific hunt dates.
- How to Apply: Hunters can apply online at GoOutdoorsFlorida.com by signing on and choosing “Apply for Limited Entry/Quota Permit” or by completing an Application Worksheet and presenting it to any license agent or tax collector office.
- Requirements to Apply: You must be at least 18 years old and have completed a certified hunter safety class to apply. In addition to the Lake Woodruff Family Spring Turkey Hunt Permit, you must have a free Lake Woodruff National Wildlife Refuge Hunt Permit. This free permit is available for download at the US Fish and Wildlife Service website. By signing this permit, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the refuge regulations. Each hunter is required to keep a signed hunt permit in their possession while hunting. You must also have a picture ID with you while using your permit.
- Cost: $0.00 to apply, $0.00 per permit
- Exemptions: There are no exemptions; you must have a Lake Woodruff NWR Family Spring Turkey Hunt permit or be a youth under the age of 16 accompanying a permit holder to participate in these hunts.
- Restrictions: You may submit one Lake Woodruff NWR Family Spring Turkey Hunt application and receive one Lake Woodruff NWR Family Spring Turkey Hunt permit in Phase I. Youth under the age of 16 do not need a permit, but must be accompanied by a permitted adult who is at least 18 years old.
- Group Applications: Group applications are NOT available for this permit type. Each permit allows the permit holder and one youth under the age of 16 to hunt.
- Issuance Method: Lake Woodruff NWR Family Spring Turkey Hunt permits are issued by random drawing during Phase I. Any permits remaining after the Phase I drawing will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis during Phase II.
- Drawing Results: Drawing results are typically posted within three business days after the end of the application period.
- Preference Points: Preference points are cumulative and available in Phase I for applicants who are unsuccessful.
- How to Get the Permit: For successful applicants, permits may be obtained online at GoOutdoorsFlorida.com or at a license agent or tax collector office.
- Guest Permits: Guest permits are NOT available for this permit type. Each permit allows the permit holder to supervise one youth hunter under the age of 16 to hunt.
- Transferability: Lake Woodruff Family Spring Turkey Hunt permits are NOT transferable.
- Reprints: Non-transferable permits may be replaced online at no cost or at a license agent or tax collector office for about $2.50.
- Returns: Returned permits are not accepted for this permit type. All sales are final.