Gulf Hammock Recreational Use Permit
A Gulf Hammock recreational use permit is a type of limited entry permit that is required in order to participate in outdoor recreational activities on the Gulf Hammock Wildlife Management Area. Except for hunting, permit holders and their spouses or dependent children may participate in other activities on Gulf Hammock WMA. Gulf Hammock recreational use permits are not valid on other recreational use program areas, but do include a Management Area Permit.
Recreational use areas are private lands managed for public hunting and recreation. Recreational use permits are designed to provide more revenue to these private landowners in the WMA system. Fees collected from these permits supplement the private landowners, keeping their lands open to the public.
- How to Apply: Hunters can apply online at GoOutdoorsFlorida.com by signing on and choosing “Apply for Limited Entry/Quota Permit” or by completing an Application Worksheet and presenting it to any license agent or tax collector's office.
- Requirements: There are no pre-requisite requirements to apply for this permit.
- Cost: $0.00 to apply, $417.00 per permit.
- Quota: 550 total permits available including renewal permits.
- Exemptions: There are no exemptions, except the spouse and dependent children of a permit holder may participate in recreational activities other than hunting when the area is open for access. The spouse and dependent children must be in the company of the permit holder. Only permit holders and one dependent child under the age of 16 may hunt.
- Issuance Method: By renewal in phase I and first-come first-served in phase II.
- Renewals: A Gulf Hammock recreational use permit can be renewed annually for two additional years. If eligible to renew, the permit must be purchased during the renewal period. If not claimed by the renewal deadline, it will be offered for sale in subsequent application phases.
- Restrictions: You may submit one Gulf Hammock recreational use application and receive one Gulf Hammock recreational use permit in Phase I or II.
- Group Applications: Group applications are NOT allowed for this permit type.
- Preference Points: There are no preference points for this permit type.
- Transferability: Gulf Hammock recreational use permits are NOT transferable.
- Guest Permits: Guest permits are NOT available for this permit type. The spouse and dependent children of a permit holder may participate in recreational activities other than hunting when the area is open for access. The spouse and dependent children must be in the company of the permit holder. Only permit holders and one dependent child under the age of 16 may hunt.
- How to Get Your Permit: If eligible for renewal, you may purchase and print your permit online at GoOutdoorsFlorida.com or at a license agent or tax collector's office. In Phase II (first-come, first-served leftovers), the permit is immediately awarded.
- Reprints: A reprint of a Gulf Hammock recreational use permit can be obtained for no-cost online at GoOutdoorsFlorida.com. A license agent or tax collector's office can also replace a permit for about $2.50.