Mallard Possession Permits
Please read the Mallard Possession Rule and FAQs before applying for these permits.
The following permits are available for possession of mallard ducks.
- No-cost Personal Pet Permit for Class III Wildlife (includes mallards).
- License to Possess Wildlife for Exhibition or Public Sale
Annual permit for Class III wildlife is $50 for an unlimited number of animals.
- Permit for Wildlife and Migratory Bird Rehabilitation
This is a joint application for FWC and US FWS.
There is a $25 fee (paid to the US FWS) if you are approved for the permit.
- Private Game Farm License
$50 annual fee
- Private Hunting Preserve License*
$70 annual fee.
* Note: No new preserves are being licensed to release mallards, per 68A-12.010 (12).