Captive Wildlife Announcements
The Captive Wildlife Office is soliciting input on captive wildlife regulations in Florida regarding permits to operate a native wildlife rehabilitation facility and the current regulations governing native wildlife rehabilitation. The current rule language regarding native wildlife rehabilitation is in Rule 68A-9.006, F.A.C.
There is no draft rule language at this time. Please use the public comment form to provide input, comments, or feedback regarding the current rehabilitation rule to inform possible rule amendments.
If you would like to give feedback/suggestions in person, FWC will also be hosting four public meetings to encourage input on captive wildlife regulations in Florida regarding permits to operate a native wildlife rehabilitation facility. These meetings will not have a presentation and are designed to give the public an opportunity to interact directly with FWC Captive Wildlife Section Staff.
Tuesday, July 26, 2022 - 6-8 PM
Hilton Garden Inn
5625 Venture Crossings Blvd.
Panama City, FL 32409
PALM BEACH GARDENS
Tuesday, August 2, 2022 - 6-8 PM
4700 Donald Ross Rd.
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
Thursday, August 18, 2022 - 6-8 PM
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa-
26640 Silver Maple Pkwy.
Wesley Chapel, FL 33544
Wednesday, August 24, 2022 - 6-8 PM
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville
9745 Gate Pkwy. N.
Jacksonville, FL 32246
Class III Personal Pet No-Cost (PPNC) Permit Applications Moving Online
On Thursday, June 23, 2022, applications for Class III Personal Pet No-Cost (PPNC) Permits will move to an online application system. Active PPNC Permits will remain valid until their expiration date.
To apply for a PPNC permit, new and renewal applicants must:
- Navigate to the Go Outdoors Florida license login page.
- Create a new customer account OR log in to your existing account if you have used the Go Outdoors Florida system previously.
- Once logged in, click “Customer Applications” to access the PPNC application.
- Add the PPNC application to your shopping cart and go to checkout.
- Upon checkout, you will be prompted to complete the application. Complete all required fields and submit.
- Follow the system’s steps through the checkout process. You will not be charged, as this is a free application/permit.
For more detailed assistance with the Go Outdoors Florida system (including account creation, submitting an application, and checking the status of your application), please view the full GOF User Guide.
For additional information, please view the Online Application FAQs.