Skip to main content

Adaptive Equipment for the Blind Permit

Persons who are legally blind may obtain a permit to use adaptive equipment on a gun or bow to assist with hunting that would otherwise be illegal.

To apply for an Adaptive Equipment for the Blind permit, please complete the ADA Accommodation Request Form.  Include the applicant's name, address and phone number(s), description of the accommodation request, and medical certification confirming the applicant is legally blind. 

This completed ADA accommodation form and paperwork can be submitted by:

Email at


Mail at:  FWC Office of Licensing and Permitting
2590 Executive Center Circle, Suite 101
Tallahassee, FL 32301

Reminder: The Adaptive Equipment for the Blind Permit is valid only in conjunction with regular licensing and permitting requirements for the area being hunted.