Tenoroc Public Shooting Range
This range is reopening to limited public use Friday, May 8. The range will be open Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., This facility will operate at 50% capacity with a one-hour time limit per participant.
The FWC is reopening FWC-managed shooting ranges in a phased approach. Phase 2 guidelines have not been finalized. The FWC will continue to evaluate its COVID-19 response with regards to shooting ranges and is committed to resuming more normal operations when it’s safe to do so.
About this range:
This public shooting facility offers supervised rifle and handgun ranges. It also includes sporting clays, 5-stand, trap, an air rifle range, and an elevated archery range. The range was built by the FWC and funded by the Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration Program (WSFR). Additional support and funding was provided by the Polk County Sheriff’s Office work crews, the National Rifle Association, and the Fish & Wildlife Foundation of Florida. The facility accommodates hunter safety students and the public, providing a place to gain skills and knowledge for safe, responsible firearms handling and target shooting.
Ridge Archers, a non-profit organization, operates a 3-D archery course at 3755 Tenoroc Mine Road in conjunction with the FWC. Annual memberships are available from Ridge Archers (863-698-2586) for $25/individual or $35/family.
3755 Tenoroc Mine Road, Lakeland, FL 33805
- 12-position 100-yard rifle range
- 12-position 50-yard rifle range
- 7-position 25-yard handgun range
- 8-position 15-yard handgun range
- 21-position 7-yard handgun range
- 15-station sporting clays course
- 5-stand sporting clays field
- Trap field
- 5-position 15-yard pellet/BB/air rifle range
- Elevated archery range for crossbows
- Field targets archery range with known distance targets
- Rifle/handgun range is $12 plus tax per day. Youth 15 and under are free when accompanied by a fee-paying adult (21 and up).
- Note: With the purchase of a rifle or handgun range fee, shooters may use any combination of rifle/handgun/archery ranges during their daily visit.
- Archery only range is $12 plus tax per day. Youth 15 and under are free when accompanied by an adult (21 and up).
- Sporting clays are $38 per 100 targets (or 38 cents apiece). Additional targets are 38 cents apiece.
- Trap and 5-stand are 38 cents per clay.
- Youth discount for sporting clays and 5-stand: 15% discount for youth (15 and under) and up to 3 adults per group on all clays thrown. One adult per pair/group must be 21 or older.
- Cart rentals –
- $20 per electric cart (seats 4)
- $5 per push cart
Forms of Payment:
Cash and all major credit cards
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday, Thursday and Friday
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday
- Tuesday and Wednesday
- Easter Sunday
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Day
Rifle and handgun ranges are supervised by range safety officers and volunteers
- Target frames on the rifle and handgun ranges are provided. Shooters must bring targets to attach to the center of the frames, or they can purchase targets in the concession store.
- Concession store has restrooms and drinking water, eye and ear protection, ammunition and other convenience items for sale. Rental shotguns and clay carts are available for the sporting clays course.