Cecil M. Webb Public Shooting Range
Public Access and Operating Hours Due to COVID-19
In response to COVID-19, current operating hours for this range are Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. by appointment only. This facility will operate at 50% capacity with a one-hour time limit per participant and only one person per lane is allowed.
To make a reservation, call 239-220-9125 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays. The following guidelines apply for making reservations. You can:
- make only one reservation per call, per person, and per day (for example, if you call Friday and make a reservation, you cannot call and make another reservation until Saturday)
- reserve up to two lanes (under the names of the caller and their shooting partner) per reservation
- make reservations for up to four days out (e.g., on Fridays you can make reservations for Saturdays, Sundays or Mondays)
The FWC will continue to evaluate its COVID-19 response with regards to shooting ranges and is committed to resuming more normal operations when it’s safe to do so.
Keep yourself and others safe by practicing social distancing.
About this range:
The range, which was built in 1964, is at the Babcock/Webb Wildlife Management Area. It offers supervised rifle and handgun ranges as well as two single-station, self-throw shotgun pads, providing target shooting enthusiasts a place to gain skills and knowledge for safe, responsible firearms handling and target shooting.
Tuckers Grade Road in the Babcock/Webb Wildlife Management Area (Exit Tuckers Grade Road off I-75, head east)
- 5-position 100/200-yard rifle range
- 10-position 25/50/100-yard rifle range
- 12-position 7.5/15/25/50-yard small bore rifle/handgun range
- 3 single-station, self-throw shotgun pads
Shooters must have a valid wildlife management area permit or pay a $3 per person entry fee or $6 per vehicle, unless exempt.
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday and Thursday
- 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Note: Last shooter registration is 4:30pm, last shot fired is 4:45pm.
- Easter Sunday
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Day
The rifle and handgun ranges are supervised by range safety officers and volunteers.
- Target frames on the rifle and handgun ranges are provided. Shooters must bring targets to attach to the center of the frames.
- Shotgun stations are self-service. Shooters must bring their own clay targets and thrower.
- Vault toilets