Bay County Shooting Range
Current operating hours for this range are Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. This facility will operate at 50% capacity with a one-hour time limit per participant if all shooting lanes are occupied.
About this range:
The Bay County Shooting Range features supervised rifle and handgun ranges as well as sporting clays, 5-stand and 3D archery. The range was established in 2014 by Bay County to provide its citizens a place to gain skills and knowledge for safe, responsible firearms handling and target shooting. It was developed through the vision of the Bay County Board of County Commissioners. Contributing partners include the National Rifle Association and the FWC.
10900 Steelfield Road, Panama City Beach, FL 32413
- 6-position 300-yard rifle range
- 16-position 100-yard rifle range
- 10-position 50-yard rifle/handgun range with 2 of the positions at 25 yards
- 19-position 5-yard, 8-yard and 18-yard handgun range
- Automated 18-station sporting clays course
- Automated 5-stand sporting clays field
- 18 3D archery targets
- Rifle/handgun range is $10 plus tax per day. An additional $5 is required for use of the 300-yard rifle range. Youth 15 and under are free when accompanied by a fee-paying adult (21 and up).
- Note: shooters may use any combination of rifle/handgun ranges during their daily visit.
- 3D archery is included in the cost of the $10 plus tax per day rifle/handgun range fee.
- Sporting clays are $38 per 100 targets, and additional targets are 38 cents apiece.
- Trap and 5-stand are $9.50 per 25 rounds or 38 cents per clay.
- Youth discount for sporting clays and 5-stand: 15% discount for youth (15 and under) and up to 3 adults per group on all clays thrown. One adult per pair/group must be 21 or older.
- Cart rentals –
- $20 per electric cart (seats 4)
- $5 per push cart
Forms of Payment:
Cash and all major credit cards
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday, Thursday and Friday
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday
- Tuesday and Wednesday
- Easter Sunday
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Day
The rifle and handgun ranges are supervised by range safety officers and volunteers.
- Target frames on the rifle and handgun ranges are provided. Shooters must bring targets to attach to the center of the frames, or they can purchase targets in the concession store.
- Concession store has restrooms and drinking water, eye and ear protection, ammunition and other convenience items for sale. Rental shotguns and clay carts are available for the sporting clays course.