Apalachicola Shooting Range
In accordance with COVID-19 guidelines regarding large gatherings, all FWC-managed public shooting ranges will be closed from March 19 through April 19. Please check back regarding the open/closed status before heading to a range.
The health and safety of employees and the Floridians and visitors we serve are a top priority for us. As COVID-19 (Coronavirus) continues to impact our communities, we’re taking proactive measures to protect stakeholders, staff and volunteers. For questions related to COVID-19 in Florida, visit FloridaHealthCovid19.gov or contact the Department of Health’s dedicated COVID-19 Call Center by calling 866-779-6121 or emailing COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org.
About this range:
This unsupervised range in the Apalachicola National Forest offers rifle and handgun ranges. It was built in 1984 with the cooperation of the U.S. Forest Service with funding provided by the Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration Program (WSFR).
Forest Road 305, off Springhill Road in the Apalachicola National Forest
- 10 position 100-yard rifle range
- 10 position 50-yard small-bore rifle/handgun range
- Shotguns are prohibited, except when shooting shotgun slugs
Open daily from sunrise to sunset, except for Monday and Friday when closed until noon for maintenance
- Closed the fourth Saturday of every month until 2 p.m. for hunter safety classes
- Closed sunset to sunrise, and on Monday and Friday mornings until noon
This facility is not supervised.
- Target frames on the rifle and handgun ranges are provided. Shooters must bring targets to attach to the center of the frames.
- Vault toilets