Apalachicola Shooting Range
This range is reopening Wednesday, June 3 under normal hours.
Keep yourself and others safe by practicing social distancing.
About this range:
This unsupervised range in the Apalachicola National Forest offers rifle and handgun ranges. It was built in 1984 with the cooperation of the U.S. Forest Service with funding provided by the Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration Program (WSFR).
Forest Road 305, off Springhill Road in the Apalachicola National Forest
- 10 position 100-yard rifle range
- 10 position 50-yard small-bore rifle/handgun range
- Shotguns are prohibited, except when shooting shotgun slugs
Open daily from sunrise to sunset, except for Monday and Friday when closed until noon for maintenance
- Closed the fourth Saturday of every month until 2 p.m. for hunter safety classes
- Closed sunset to sunrise, and on Monday and Friday mornings until noon
This facility is not supervised.
- Target frames on the rifle and handgun ranges are provided. Shooters must bring targets to attach to the center of the frames.
- Vault toilets