Where We Work
Ridge Rangers restore wildlife habitat in conservation areas on the Lake Wales Ridge and nearby areas in Central Florida.
The Lake Wales Ridge and other ridges in Central Florida are relic sand dunes from ancient seas, but today, the ridge supports several unique habitats and are a hotspot for endemics and listed species. You can learn more about this very special region at Florida's Ancient Islands.
Over 45 protected areas along the Lake Wales Ridge are managed by private, county, state and federal agencies. The Ridge Rangers restore wildlife habitat on many of these areas, spanning Polk and Highlands counties.
Below are links to some of the areas where the Ridge Rangers make a difference:
- Allen David Broussard Catfish Creek Preserve
- Archbold Biological Station
- Avon Park Air Force Range
- Bok Tower Gardens
- Highlands Hammock State Park
- Hilochee Wildlife Management Area
- Lake Kissimmee State Park
- Lake Marion Creek
- Lake Wales Ridge National Wildlife Refuge
- Lake Wales Ridge State Forest
- Lake Wales Ridge Wildlife and Environmental Area
- Platt Branch Wildlife and Environmental Area
- Tenoroc Wildlife Management Area
- Tiger Creek Preserve