Wildlife Alert - Report a Violation
Report fishing, wildlife or boating violations anonymously to the Wildlife Alert Reward Program. If your information results in an arrest or citation, you may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000. You can report via:
- “FWC Wildlife Alert” app (download from Google Play or Apple Store)
- Texting 847411 (Tip411) with keyword “FWC” and information about the violation
- Calling the Wildlife Alert Hotline at 888-404-FWCC (888-404-3922)
- Submitting a tip at MyFWC.com/WildlifeAlert
About Wildlife Alert
Wildlife Alert is a nonprofit program created to encourage citizens to report fish, wildlife and boating violations.
- Report a suspected violation to Wildlife Alert through one of the methods listed above.
- Report as soon as possible and provide as much detail as you can about the location, physical descriptions of potential violators, vehicles, license tag numbers, etc.
- If the information you provide results in a citation or arrest for a violation listed on the Wildlife Alert reward schedule, you may be eligible for the reward that corresponds to the violation level.
- Your identity is protected by Florida law. If you wish to remain anonymous, you are not required to:
- Provide identifying information
- Testify in court
Violation levels as stated in Florida Statutes 379.401 – 379.504 and 403.161. The violations include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Level One Violations as defined in F.S. 379.401 such as:
- Hunting/fishing/trapping without a license
- No quota permit or hunting zone assignment violation
- Possession of captive wildlife without the required free permit
- Infraction violation of the Florida litter law
- Level Two Violations as defined in F.S. 379.401 such as:
- Unlawfully taking small game or any saltwater finfish, shellfish, or crustaceans
- Feeding or enticement of alligators or crocodiles
- Molesting endangered/threatened species
- Taking protected wildlife species (i.e. migratory birds)
- Possession of captive wildlife without the required permit
- Boating under the influence (BUI)
- Misdemeanor violation of the Florida litter law
- Level Three Violations as defined in F.S. 379.401 such as:
- Illegal sale or possession of alligators
- Unlawful taking of a quantity of saltwater species or taking with prohibited gear
- Unlawful possession, transportation, or sale of commercial quantities of game fish, salt-water species, or freshwater fish
- Illegal take and possession of deer or wild turkey
- Falsification of applicant information for possession of captive wildlife
- Level Four Violations as defined in F.S. 379.401 such as:
- Level Trap robbing (lobster, stone crab, etc)
- Taking/killing an endangered/threatened species
- Unlawfully killing, injuring, possessing, or capturing of alligators or other crocodilians or their eggs
- Felony Boating under the influence (BUI)
- Felony Violation of the Florida litter law (F.S. 403.413)
- Commercial trafficking of wildlife (except panfish)
- Organized black-market taking and sale of protected species
NOTE: In the event of multiple violations, the reward shall be up to the maximum level of the most serious offense.
Make a check or money order payable to Wildlife Alert. Include your name, what the donation is for, and if a receipt is required. Receipts can be emailed to you upon request.
Wildlife Alert Reward Association
620 South Meridian Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399