Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and other concerned conservation organizations have joined forces to offer mentored youth hunts that are safe and educational. We sponsor introductory, instructive youth hunts for deer, turkey, hogs, waterfowl, small game and other species.
To participate in the Youth Hunting Program of Florida:
- Be 12 to 17 years old.
- Complete the Florida Hunter Safety Program, regardless of your age, and be able to provide a copy of your completion card. Follow this link for a list of Florida Hunter Safety courses in your area.
- Be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- After the youth is selected, a paymentwill be required to secure the position and to help purchase supplies for the event.
Sign up for one of YHPF's available youth hunts.
The Youth Hunting Program of Florida was established to increase the number of youth involved in educational, safe, mentored wildlife and hunting activities through the opportunity to participate in the hunting heritage.
- Uphold the hunting heritage in Florida for present and future generations.
- Promote the highest ethical standards in hunting.
- Give our youth an initial, positive, safe, educational mentored hunting experience.
- Teach the basic skills, values, techniques and responsibilities of hunting.
- Instill in youth a basic understanding of practical conservation measures.
- To promote and encourage wildlife habitat access, enhancement and management.
On Our Youth Hunts, You Will:
- Learn how to hunt safely, legally and ethically.
- Develop your marksmanship and firearm skills.
- Learn how to track and process game.
- Learn the relationship between hunting and conservation.
- Appreciate nature first-hand.
- Make new friends.
- Spend quality time with family, friends and other experienced hunters.
- Leave with experiences and memories that will last a lifetime.
Volunteers Make It Happen:
Only through the work and resources of volunteers can the Youth Hunting Program of Florida provide thousands of safe, educational and memorable hunting experiences. The program is based on volunteer landowners who graciously open their property up to youth hunting, and other volunteers who plan and facilitate the hunts. The Youth Hunting Program of Florida provides everything for a successful hunt except hunting opportunities and dedicated people. To help uphold hunting for future generations, today's youth must be provided quality hunting experiences. There are many volunteer opportunities for you to participate in the Youth Hunting Program.
How You Can Help:
Become a Volunteer