Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and other concerned conservation organizations have joined forces to offer youth hunts that are safe, educational and very affordable. We sponsor introductory, instructive youth hunts for deer, turkey, hogs, waterfowl, small game and other species. Hunts include mentors, lodging and meals.
Babcock Ranch Youth Hunts
View the Youth Hunting Program of Florida brochure (656KB)
To sign up for one of YHPF's available youth hunts, please go to the Youth Hunts section of FWC's calendar.
To participate in the Youth Hunting Program of Florida:
- Be 12 to 17 years old.
- Complete and submit the Youth Hunting Program of Florida Application.
- Complete the Florida Hunter Safety Program, regardless of your age, and be able to provide a copy of your completion card. Follow this link for a list of Florida Hunter Safety courses in your area.
- Be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Complete a Youth Hunting Program hunting application that lists your choice of hunts by priority. Youth hunting schedules will be sent to you periodically.
- Complete the Youth Hunting Program release forms sent to you when you are selected for a youth hunt.
- Submit a refundable deposit to secure your position when you are selected for a youth hunt, to ensure all youth hunting opportunities are utilized.
The Youth Hunting Program of Florida was established to increase the number of youth involved in educational, safe, mentored wildlife and hunting activities through the opportunity to participate in the hunting heritage.
- Preserve the hunting heritage in Florida for present and future generations
- Promote the highest ethical standards in hunting
- Give our youth an initial, positive, safe, educational mentored hunting experience
- Teach the basic skills, values, techniques and responsibilities of hunting
- Instill in youth a basic understanding of practical conservation measures
- Encourage wildlife habitat access, enhancement and management
On Our Youth Hunts, You Will:
- Learn how to hunt safely, legally and ethically
- Develop your marksmanship and firearm skills
- Learn how to track and process game
- Learn the relationship between hunting and conservation
- Appreciate nature first-hand
- Make new friends
- Spend quality time with family, friends and other experienced hunters
- Leave with experiences and memories that will last a lifetime.
Volunteers Make It Happen:
Only through the work and resources of volunteers can the Youth Hunting Program of Florida provide thousands of safe, educational and memorable hunting experiences. The program is based on volunteer landowners who graciously open their property up to youth hunting, and other volunteers who plan and facilitate the hunts. The Youth Hunting Program of Florida provides everything for a successful hunt except hunting opportunities and dedicated people. To help preserve hunting for future generations, today?s youth must be provided quality hunting experiences. There are many volunteer opportunities for you to participate in the Youth Hunting Program.
How You Can Help:
Become a Volunteer