Python Removal Contractor Program
The FWC designed the Python Removal Contractor Program (PRCP) to further engage qualified individuals with nonnative constrictor management efforts. Python Removal Contractors survey for nonnative constrictors in specific areas, respond to survey requests in areas where nonnative constrictors have been reported, and deposit captured nonnative constrictors (live or euthanized) at designated drop-off locations. Surveys may be conducted on foot, by vehicle or by watercraft.
Contractors will be paid monthly by the FWC for nonnative constrictor removal efforts based on hourly rates ($8.25/hour for surveys conducted on Everglades and Francis S. Taylor WMA and Everglades National Park; $15.00/hour for surveys conducted on Holey Land, Rotenberger, and Picayune Strand WMAs as well as on Big Cypress National Preserve; and $15/hour for responding to survey requests). Contractors also will be paid $200 for removal of each active nonnative constrictor nest that has been field verified by the FWC. For all submitted nonnative constrictors, the FWC will make an additional payment per nonnative constrictor of $50.00 for nonnative constrictors measuring up to four feet, and an extra $25.00 for every foot measured above four feet (see illustration below).
Eligible applicants must:
- Have experience capturing and removing nonnative constrictors from the Everglades ecosystem while working under a previously valid FWC Python Removal permit, during one of the FWC’s Python Challenge events, as an Everglades National Park Authorized Agent or Big Cypress National Preserve Authorized Agent, as a contractor with the South Florida Water Management District Python Elimination Program, on private lands with landowner permission, or on any of the 22 Commission-managed areas as listed in Executive Order EO 17-11 (nonnative constrictors removed from private lands or from any of the 22 Commission-managed areas must have been euthanized at the time and site of capture or deposited with the FWC).
- Have no violations on any FWC issued permits, or other wildlife-related citations.
- Have sufficient time to conduct self-directed surveys and respond to survey requests.
- Possess personal communication capabilities, including a cell phone and valid email.
- Assume personal liability for health, welfare and safety of themselves and anyone assisting them.
- Project a positive image of the FWC and the Python Removal Contractor Program at all times.
How to apply
To apply for a PRCP position, complete the PRC application and submit it via email to Pythons@MyFWC.com or send to 3200 College Ave. Davie West Bldg., Rm. 414, Davie, FL 33314. Qualified applicants will receive detailed information about the program. Individuals selected for the program must register as a vendor with the My Florida Marketplace system and will receive a monthly invoice from the FWC that they must approve within 5 business days. PLEASE NOTE: Vendors in the My Florida Marketplace system are billed a service fee each time they receive a payment, which is equal to 7/10 of 1% of the payment amount. Python Removal Contractors are expected to pay this service fee. For any questions, or to request additional information, please email the Python Incentives and Education Specialist at Pythons@MyFWC.com.
PRC application PLEASE NOTE: Application period is now CLOSED.