Join us for our 2023 Scallop Rodeos!
Biologists with FWC need your help to collect live scallops and help restore scallop populations in St. Andrews Bay and St. Joseph Bay. Volunteers will be able to collect up to 200 scallops each and deliver them to FWC biologists ALIVE at the end of the day. All scallops collected by volunteers will be placed in predator exclusion cages to protect them throughout the year and help restore scallop populations.
Rodeo Dates and Locations
Saturday July 15, 2023 - St Andrews Bay
- Time: 10:00am – 3:00pm CDT
- Location: St Andrews Marina Boat Ramp & Gazebo
- 1120 Bayview Ave Panama City, FL 32401
- Registration website: Andrews Bay
Saturday August 5, 2023 – St. Joseph Bay
- Time: 10:00am – 4:00pm EST
- Location: Frank Pate Park
- 502 Monument Ave, Port St. Joe, FL 32456
- Registration website: St Joseph Bay
Here's what you'll need to do:
- Reserve your place in the Rodeo by getting a free ticket through Eventbrite, you can register your whole crew at once.
- All volunteers who plan to participate must check-in with FWC staff at the designated locations on the day of the Rodeo.
- Check-in is open from 10:00AM to 1:00PM. Participants must return to the same location and checkout with FWC staff by 3:00PM.
- At check-in, all volunteers will need to sign waivers and receive a copy of the event permit. Volunteers must keep this permit in their possession while participating in the Rodeo.
- Scallop collection is only permitted within the designated scallop areas on the designated Rodeo days & times.
- Each volunteer can collect up to 200 scallops.
- Scallops must be kept alive!
- All scallops must be brought back to the check-in location by 3:00 PM
Here's what you'll want to bring:
- Personal boat or kayak (unless wading in from shore)
- Buckets, Coolers, or Live wells to keep scallops alive
- Dive Flag
- Snorkeling gear
- Water, sunscreen, snacks, etc
Here's what FWC staff will provide:
- Permit to possess scallops during the Rodeos
- Loaner buckets & catch bags
- Maps & recommended collection locations
Have any questions? Email BayScallops@MyFWC.com
Thank you for helping us restore the scallop populations!