Join us for our 2021 Scallop Rodeo!
Biologists with FWC need your help to collect live scallops and help restore scallop populations in St. Andrews Bay, St. George Sound, and St. Joseph Bay! Volunteers will be able to collect up to 200 scallops each and deliver them to FWC biologists ALIVE at the end of the day. All of the scallops collected by volunteers will be placed in predator exclusion cages in their bay of origin to protect them throughout the year and help restore scallop populations.
- On the day of the event, volunteers must check in at one of the designated boat ramps any time after 8:00am
- Each volunteer can collect up to 200 scallops
- Scallops must be kept ALIVE in a bucket of water and returned to FWC biologists by 4:30pm
- Volunteers may collect scallops from their personal boat, kayak, or by wading or snorkeling from shore
- Scalloping for these events is only permitted within the designated scallop areas on the designated event days
- Volunteers must provide their own dive flag, bucket, and snorkel gear
- FWC will provide you with the necessary maps and permits for the event
For more questions please contact us at BayScallops@MyFWC.com