Reserve A Camp Site
Enjoy year-round camping at two shady campgrounds offering excellent scenery and easy access to beautiful stretches of undeveloped coastline. These primitive sites offer portable toilets and bear-resistant trash cans; all sites have fires rings and picnic tables. No potable water or electricity is available.
Small boats can be hand-launched from shore at the Bayside Campground.
Bayside Campground, on the east shore of Blackwater Bay, has a sandy shoreline and views of the shallow bay. All 12 sites are suitable for tents, campers or small RVs. One group site is available.
Bayou Campground overlooks the salt marshes of Fundy Bayou, a meandering tidal creek that connects with Blackwater Bay. The 4 sites are for tent-only camping.
All campers must obtain a free permit/site reservation using the online reservation system (see below) Display the permit at the campsite at all times.
Upon arrival, campers must confirm their presence by calling 850-767-3639. Failure to do so may result in cancellation. For questions or technical difficulties, please call the Northwest Regional Office at (850) 265-3676 during regular business hours only (Mon-Fri, 7am-4pm CST).
- The permit must be displayed at the campsite at all times.
- 21 consecutive days must pass before an individual may obtain a new permit in either campground and the campgrounds must be vacated upon expiration of the permit.
- No individual may hold more than one permit at a time.
Camping at Escribano Point Wildlife Management Area is allowed within designated Bayside and Bayou campgrounds by permit only and subject to permit provisions. Camping is prohibited outside designated campgrounds.
Permits must be obtained through the online reservation system at MyFWC.com. Camping at designated campgrounds is subject to permit provisions (see below) Permits may be obtained up to 30 days in advance. Individuals may apply for a maximum of 7 days (either campground) within a given month; 21 days must pass before an individual may obtain a new permit after the maximum allotted dates. No individual may hold more than one permit at a time.
All permit holders are required to confirm arrival at their campsite by calling 850-767-3639 before 6 PM Central Standard Time on the first permit day or are subject to permit cancellation. A camping permit must be displayed in a manner visible to FWC personnel at all times by placing a copy of the permit on the post at each site. Campsites left unoccupied during a permitted period are subject to cancellation.
There are two designated campgrounds at Escribano Point WMA in Santa Rosa County: Bayside Campground contains 12 campsites and 1 group site; Bayou Campground contains 4 campsites. (See campground map). Please note campsites 9 and 10 are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis and are limited to two consecutive nights camping.
Camping is primitive with no amenities, other than bear-resistant trash receptacles and portable toilets. Picnic tables and fire rings may be available at the campsites. If a campsite does not have a designated fire ring and/or grill, campers are asked to keep campfires within the designated campsite. Other amenities are being considered for future installation.
All camping equipment is to be contained within the boundary of the designated campsite. FWC asks all visitors to either properly dispose of trash in the receptacles provided or haul out what you hauled in. Please help keep these natural areas natural.
Any violation of permit stipulations may result in cancellation of the permit or in citation.
- The possession or consumption of alcohol is prohibited.
- Campers must observe all WMA rules and regulations.
- No individual may hold more than one permit at a time.
- No more than eight people and two tents allowed per site.
- At the group site, no more than 16 people and four tents are allowed.
- All permit holders are required to check in and confirm arrival at their campsite by calling 850-767-3639 by 6 PM Central Standard Time on the first permit day or are subject to permit cancellations.
- A camping permit must be displayed in a manner visible to law enforcement and FWC personnel at all times by placing a copy of the permit on the post at each site.
- All equipment must be contained within the boundary of the designated sites.
- No person shall bring building materials onto the area or erect permanent or semi-permanent structures
- Camping is limited to tents, trailers or self propelled camping vehicles. Kitchen stoves, refrigerators, and freezers are prohibited, unless contained in mobile campers. Lumber, sheet metal or other building materials are prohibited.
- Permit holder is responsible for the actions and/or violation of permit provisions of all persons using the site.
- Cutting of vegetation and standing trees (alive or dead) is prohibited.
- All campfires must be kept within available fire rings or kept small as warming fires only.
- Store all food and garbage in a manner that will prevent access by wildlife.
- Pets are allowed but must be kept under physical restraint at all times.
- All camp fires are to be extinguished before leaving campsite.
- All trash must be properly disposed of in waste receptacles or hauled out of the area.
- Littering and disposing of any waste products such as graywater, petroleum products, toxic materials, batteries, etc. is prohibited anywhere in the campground or the WMA.
- Campsites left unoccupied during a permitted period are subject to cancellation.
- Quiet hours are observed between 10 PM to 6 AM Central Standard Time. No generators may be operated during this time in either campground. Violation of quiet hours may result in permit cancellation.
- Any violation of permit stipulations may result in permit cancellation and/or citation.
Make a Reservation
If you are using Internet Explorer, Compatibility View must be turned off. To turn off Compatibility View in Internet Explorer -- press Alt to display top menu, click on Tools, select Compatibility View settings and make sure that this website is not configured for Compatibility View. If you still have problems, you can use an alternate browser such as Google Chrome or FireFox.