A Dove Quota Permit is a type of limited entry permit that is required in order for an adult and a youth (under age 16) to participate in scheduled dove hunts on John G. and Susan H. Dupuis or Punta Gorda Water Treatment Facility. Click the Application Worksheet links at the bottom of the page for specific hunt dates.
- Cost: $0.00
- Requirements: Unless exempt, you must have a valid Management Area Permit or a license that includes a management area permit in order to apply. Children age 15 that will turn 16 before or during the hunts should purchase a Management Area Permit and apply as a nonexempt hunter. Successful applicants must check in at the check station on the date of the hunt between 11:00 a.m. Eastern time and 3:00 p.m. Eastern time or their permit will be voided as a no-show.
- Issuance Method: Dove Quota permits are issued by random drawing during Phase I. Leftover permits are issued on a first come first served basis during Phase II. Unissued permits or no-shows will be issued first come first served at the check station beginning at 3:00 p.m. Eastern time on the day of the hunt.
- Exemptions: There are no exemptions for this permit type. You must have a Dove Quota permit, or be the youth guest of a permitted hunter, to participate in these hunts.
- Restrictions: You may submit one Dove Quota application and receive up to one Dove Quota permit for each area (Punta Gorda and Royce) in Phase I. You may obtain additional permits in Phase II, but no more than two permits for each area (including any permits awarded in Phase I). The selling or purchasing of any quota permit is prohibited.
- Group Applications: Group applications are NOT available for these hunts. Each Dove Quota permit allows the permit holder and a youth (under age 16) to participate in a scheduled dove hunt. Both the permit holder and youth may each take their own bag limit.
- Preference Points: There are no preference points for this permit type.
- Transferability: Dove Quota permits are transferable from one person to another by simply giving the permit to another hunter. Permits issued to exempt hunters and marked “exempt” may only be transferred to another exempt hunter that would qualify for the same exemption. A senior exemption permit may also be transferred to a child under the age of 16.
- Guest Permits: Guest permits are NOT available for this permit type, however, each Dove Quota permit allows the permit holder and one youth under the age of 16 to participate in a scheduled dove hunt. Both the permit holder and youth may each take their own bag limit.
- Drawing Results: Drawing results are typically posted within about two weeks after the end of the application period. Dove Quota permits are mailed to successful applicants in Phase I and successful online applicants in Phase II.
- Replacements: Lost or destroyed permits can only be replaced by the FWC Office of Licensing and Permitting, upon receipt of written request for replacement from the permittee. Please allow at least 10 days to receive your replacement permit in the mail. Application receipts or copies of internet pages may NOT be used as your permit.
- How to Apply: You can apply online (sign on and choose “Apply for Limited Entry/Quota Permit”) or complete the Application Worksheet (click "Application Worksheet" at bottom of page) and present it to any license agent or tax collector office. Children and residents who do not hold a Florida drivers license or Florida ID must apply as non-residents to use the online system. Resident disabled, residents age 65 or older and resident active duty military that do not have a Florida driver's license or Florida ID cannot use the online system and must apply at a license agent or tax collector and show another proof of residency.
- How to Get Your Permit: If successful in the Phase I random drawing, your permit will be mailed to you. In Phase II (First-Come, First-Served Leftovers) you are immediately awarded your permit, and the license agent or tax collector will immediately print your permit. If applying online in Phase II, your permit will be mailed to you.