Adults & Families
In Last Child in the Woods - Saving our Children from Nature Deficit Disorder, author Richard Louv links the absence of nature in our wired children's lives with the rise in obesity, attention disorders and depression.
Teaching children about wildlife, especially if you can get outside in nature, also moves them closer to caring about wildlife and their habitats.
For their own well being and for that of our precious natural world, children need opportunities to learn about, personally interact with and experience nature.
Learn to Enjoy the Outdoors
- In Your Backyard
- How to Live with Wildlife
- Take A Kid Fishing
- Kids Saltwater Fishing Clinics
- Learn about Gopher Tortoises
- Learn about Manatees
- Learn about Sea Turtles
- Youth Hunting Program
- Hunter Safety & Education
- Florida Youth Conservation Centers Network
- Wings Over Florida - Jr. Birder Program
- Chinsegut Conservation Center