Missing, Damaged or Found Markers
This program has been set up exclusively for receiving reports of missing or damaged waterway markers (signs or buoys). Report a damaged or missing marker here.
If you want information on manatee protection zones or obtaining educational manatee signs please contact the FWC's Imperiled Species Management section at 850-922-4330 or or by email at ImperiledSpecies@MyFWC.com.
The FWC operates the Marker On-Call Response Program to coordinate the timely examination, evaluation and appropriate repair of marker assets that represent a potential hazard to navigation. This type of response system provides an efficient notification process for directing personnel to evaluate issues and take appropriate action. In some cases, this may involve passing on reports of non-FWC-related waterway problems to another responsible entity such as the United States Coast Guard.
Information to have when calling/emailing:
- Location of missing, damaged or found marker (GPS coordinates, waterbody name, nearby landmarks, county, nearest city or town, crossroads, etc.)
- Brief description of the problem
- Your name and contact information
When a damaged sign or buoy is reported by telephone to 866-405-BUOY or by email:
- FWC will assess the problem.
- FWC will identify/mark it, if it presents a potential hazard to navigation.
- FWC will notify the owner.
- FWC will work to fix the problem if the marker is managed by FWC.