To report a sick, injured, orphaned, or dead black bear:
During business hours, call the Regional FWC Office nearest you.
After business hours, call FWC's Wildlife Alert Toll-Free Number:
Mobile phone customers can use *FWC or #FWC
Please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- What is the exact location of the animal?
- Is the bear alive or dead?
- Is the bear blocking a roadway?
- What is the approximate size of the bear?
- Can you provide a contact number where you can be reached for further information?
The above information is the most important you can provide; however, any additional information will be helpful.
Important Contact Numbers