To report a sick, injured, orphaned, or dead black bear:
Do not approach the animal, even if it appears dead or unconscious, as it could still cause serious injury.
During business hours, call the Regional FWC Office nearest you.
After business hours, call FWC's Wildlife Alert Toll-Free Number:
Mobile phone customers can use *FWC or #FWC
Please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- What is the exact location of the animal?
- Is the bear alive or dead?
- Is the bear blocking a roadway?
- What is the approximate size of the bear?
- Can you provide a contact number where you can be reached for further information?
The above information is the most important you can provide; however, any additional information will be helpful.
Important Contact Numbers