(Return to MyFWC.com/DisasterPlan)
Follow us on Twitter to receive the latest disaster-related news and updates.
Please revisit this page periodically for updates, or sign up to receive updates automatically.
Severe weather or other circumstances have affected areas as described below.
- No closures at this time.
Wildlife Management Areas, Wildlife & Environmental Areas, etc.
- Goethe WMA – The Florida Forest Service (FFS) has begun conducting a 12,325-acre prescribed burn on portions of the WMA south of State Road 121. Related road closures inside and adjacent to this WMA will be managed by the FFS and may continue through Thursday, Jan. 29. To ensure public safety and protection of property, please exercise caution when traveling in this WMA and place any hunting equipment and vehicles away from these forest-management operations. For more information on these management activities, please contact the FFS at 352-465-8585. (01/27/15)
- Jennings Forest WMA – Due to hazardous road conditions resulting from heavy rains and to ensure public safety, Florida Forest Service (FFS) staff have temporarily closed Pitcher Plant Road and Camp Branch Road to vehicle traffic. These closures are effective from Dec. 23 until staff from the FFS determine that road conditions are safe for public vehicle use. (12/24/14)
- Mallory Swamp WMA – The Suwannee River Water Management District (SRWMD) will perform prescribed fire management through January 2015 on up to 4,000 acres in that portion of the Dog Hunt Area located south of Tom Gunter Road and east of Crapp’s Tower Grade. This will include periodic road closures. To ensure public safety and protection of property, please exercise caution when traveling through this area and place any hunting equipment and vehicles away from these prescribed fire locations. For more information, please contact Scott Gregor, SRWMD Natural Resource Specialist at 386-362-8130 or visit www.srwmd.state.fl.us. (12/09/14)
- Big Shoals WMA – The use of 4-wheel vehicles is recommended on some roads that remain in poor condition following heavy rains. Persons are advised to proceed with caution while recreating on this area. (12/08/14)
- Osceola WMA – The U.S. Forest Service is conducting timber management in the Sandlin Bay portion of this area, accessible by NE Benton Road. To ensure public safety and protection of property, please exercise caution when traveling in this area, and place any hunting equipment and vehicles away from timber harvest operations. For more information on these management activities, please contact the U.S. Forest Service at 386-752-2577. (12/04/14)
- Belmore WMA – Due to hazardous road conditions where flooding is taking place and to ensure public safety, the Florida Forest Service has temporarily closed Spring Road to vehicle traffic. (09/02/14)
Suwannee/Santa Fe River Flood-related Speed Zones
- Santa Fe River - Idle-speed, no-wake in effect for Zone 5 (see 01/27/14 news release)