Licenses to sell fish, frogs or marine organisms

Commercial licenses are required to harvest and/or sell saltwater products, freshwater fish or frogs.

Saltwater products

Freshwater fish and frogs


Saltwater products

*Important - Commercial saltwater fishing regulations

Information for new applicants (including how to qualify for the RS)

Commercial saltwater licenses, endorsements and fees

National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) permits 


Freshwater fish and frogs

Commercial fishing regulations

Commercial freshwater fishing license & permit applications



To import and sell freshwater fish (including aquaria), you will need a Freshwater Fish Dealer's License. Applications and information are found on the Commercial Freshwater Fishing Licenses & Permits page.  Look under the heading "Dealers Licenses". 

To import and sell saltwater products (including aquaria, fish, shrimp, crabs, etc.) you will need a Saltwater Products Wholesale Dealers license. A Saltwater Products Retail Dealers license is required to sell to the consumer. Application forms and fee information can be found on the Commercial Saltwater Products - Fishing & Dealers Licenses page. 

Some non-native fish are prohibited and may require a permit.  To see a list of conditional and prohibited species and find out who needs a permit, visit our Conditional Nonnative Aquatic Species page.

An Annual Food Permit issued by the Florida Department and Consumer Services (DOACS) may also be required.

For information on federal requirements, please contact the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, Office of Law Enforcement, at 703-358-1949 and the U.S. Customs office in Miami, Florida.

For information about cultured fish visit our Aquaculture Certificate page.

FWC Facts:
The American alligator (Alligator mississippiensis) is the official state reptile of Florida.

Learn More at AskFWC