Replace a Lost or Stolen License

Replacing Lost or Stolen Licenses

A fishing or hunting license is required to be with you when you are engaged the licensed activity.

To replace a lost or stolen license you may reprint it anytime online at no cost, or you may have your license reprinted at any of our license vendors for a $2.00 fee ($4 for hard card and $10.00 for a lifetime license card).  If you own a smart phone you may also download FWC’s Fish/HuntFL App at any time and sync your license to your phone. Simply search FWC in your app store to download it.

*Note: The FWC cannot send you a "copy" of your recreational hunting or fishing license.

Replacement fishing and hunting licenses are available at any location that sells hunting and fishing licenses, online External Website, by phone at 1-888-486-8356, or at any County Tax Collector's Office External Website and most sporting goods or bait and tackle retailer locations.

When you purchase a fishing or hunting license thru the Internet or by phone, you'll have a temporary license number (TAN) that will be good for 30 days from the date of purchase, enabling you to hunt (in season) or fish on the date your license starts.  If you purchase a short-term license (3 or 7-day, for example) less than 7 days before the start date of your license, your TAN will serve as your license, otherwise your annual or longer term license will be mailed within 48 hours.

You need to print or write down the TAN and have it with you when you are fishing or hunting.


Quota Permits

How to print your limited entry permit directly from the Website.


Disability Licenses

How to replace your disability license.

How to replace your disability crossbow permit.


*Copies of Recreational Licenses

Customers who need a “copy” of their expired licenses can go to the online license system and select “Show Licenses History” to view, print or renew their licenses. We do not maintain copies of licenses. 

FWC Facts:
More than 1,000 different species of fish populate Florida's inshore waters.

Learn More at AskFWC