Deer Permit Requirement
Anyone hunting deer in Florida on public or private land is required to have a Florida hunting license and deer permit, unless they are otherwise exempt*.
Those with the following licenses do not need to purchase the deer permit because it is already included in each of these licenses, even if the license was purchased before July 1, 2010.
- Sportsman's License
- Gold Sportsman's License
- 64 or Older Sportsman's License
- Military Gold Sportsman's License
- Lifetime Hunting License
- Lifetime Sportsman's License
- Resident Disabled Persons Fishing and Hunting License
The deer permit is NOT included with a:
- Hunting license
- Combination hunting/freshwater fishing license
- Combination hunting/freshwater/saltwater license
- Five-year hunting license.
Anyone hunting deer with any of these licenses must also buy the deer permit to hunt deer legally.
*Some groups of people are exempt from purchasing a deer permit.
Hunting Licenses and Permits
Antlerless Deer Permits
Deer Dog Registration