For wildlife management areas...
Antlerless deer permits for most wildlife management areas are issued through the quota hunt program. Most management areas allow the taking of antlerless deer during the archery season (check specific area regulations). Taking antlerless deer during muzzleloading gun season or general gun season on most wildlife management areas requires an antlerless deer quota permit.
For private lands...
On private lands, an antlerless deer permit is not required during the established antlerless deer seasons. An antlerless deer permit is required to take antlerless deer outside the established antlerless deer seasons during the crossbow, muzzleloading gun and general gun seasons in accordance with the following conditions:
Landowners must own at least 640 acres or not less than 150 acres if the property is adjoining land already receiving antlerless deer permits. A group of adjoining landowners also may apply together, provided the total combined acreage is at least 640 acres.
- Landowners who cultivate agricultural crops are the exception to the above rule and are exempt from these minimum acreage requirements if they have been issued a depredating deer permit within the past year to take deer for crop-depredation control.
- Applications will be accepted starting in July and until 30 days prior to the final day of general gun season in the hunting zone that the property is located. Applications received before July will be returned. Applicants who received antlerless deer permits last season will be mailed a renewal letter in July.
How to Apply
- Customers will be able to apply online or by mail for the 2012-2013 season. Applications will be accepted starting in July.
- Applicants who received antlerless deer permits last season will be mailed a renewal notice in July.
- Applications will be accepted until 30 days prior to the final day of general gun season in the hunting zone that the property is located.
- Harvest reports are no longer required.
- NEW applicants should print the Application form, fill it out, then use it to apply online or by mail. Renewal applicants should use the instructions enclosed with the renewal letter that will mailed.