A September Waterfowl Permit is a type of limited entry permit that is required in order to participate in some designated early season waterfowl hunts. Click the Application Worksheet button at the bottom of the page for specific areas and hunt dates.
- Requirements: Unless exempt, you must have a valid Management Area Permit or a license that includes a management area permit in order to apply. Children age 15 that will turn 16 before or during the hunts should purchase a Management Area Permit and apply as a nonexempt hunter.
- Issuance Method: These permits are issued by random drawing. Leftover permits will be offered on a first come first served basis during Phase II.
- Exemptions: You must have a permit, or be the guest of a permitted hunter (see Guest below), to participate in these hunts.
- Restrictions: You may submit one application and receive up to one permit.
- Groups: Group applications are not available for this permit.
- Transferability: September Waterfowl - Early Duck permits are NOT transferable.
- Guest Permits: Guest permits are NOT available for this permit, however, eachT.M. Goodwin or Broadmoor permit allows the permit holder and up to three additional hunting/non-hunting guests, total group not to exceed four persons. EachSTA permit allows the permit holder and up to two hunting/non-hunting guests, total group shall not exceed three persons.
- Drawing Results: Drawing results are typically posted within about two weeks after the end of the application period.
- Replacements: You can replace lost or destroyed permits online (choose “Limited Entry/Quota Permits and Applications”), at a license agent, or tax collector office for about $2.50.
- How to Apply: You can apply online (choose “Limited Entry/Quota Permits and Applications”) or complete the Application Worksheet (clickApplication Worksheetbutton at bottom of page) and present it to any license agent or tax collector office. Children and resident management area permit holders who do not hold a Florida drivers license or Florida ID must apply as non-residents to use the online system. Resident disabled, residents age 65 or older and resident active duty military that do not have a Florida driver's license or Florida ID cannot use the online system and must apply at a license agent or tax collector and show another proof of residency.
- How to Get Your Permit: If successful in the Phase I random drawing, you will need to pick up your permit online (choose “Limited Entry/Quota Permits and Applications”), at a license agent, or tax collectors office. Permits issued in Phase I will be available in the system for printing online, by a license agent or tax collector until the last day of the hunt. In Phase II (First-Come, First-Served Leftovers) you are immediately awarded your permit, and the license agent or tax collector will immediately print your permit. If applying online in Phase II, you must immediately print your permit. The permit does not sit waiting for you to print it later as it does in Phase I. If you can't print your Phase II permit immediately, you may save the permit to your computer to print later. See instructions and frequently asked questions on how to print your permit directly from the website. Warning. If you access you permit online, it cannot be printed by the tax collector or license agent. If you choose to pick up your permit online, be sure you have access to a printer so that you can print your permit directly from the website. If you access the permit without saving it or printing it, it will be available in your customer account (see “Previously Purchased Reprintable Licenses” at the top of your customer information) and you will have 5 days to print or reprint your permit. After 5 days you will need to obtain a replacement for $2.50. Replacements may be obtained from any license agent, tax collectors office or online.
2012-2013 Season Application Dates
All periods begin at 10:00 a.m Eastern time and end at 11:59 p.m Eastern Time
Phase I: Applications for Random Drawing
July 20 - 30, 2012
Phase II: First-Come First-Served Leftovers
August 6 - September 25, 2012
Application Form and Hunt Choices