A Quail Quota Permit is a type of limited entry permit that is required in order to participate in some quail hunts on select Wildlife Management Areas. Click the “Application Worksheet”button at the bottom of the page for specific Wildlife Management Areas and hunt dates.
- Cost: $0.00 - $2.50 Quail Quota permits issued in the Phase I or Phase II random drawings are posted to your customer account online and can be printed from the web site for no cost. The service of printing the permit issued in Phase I, Phase II or reprints at a Tax Collector or retail agent location will cost $2.00 or $2.50 respectively. Permits issued in Phase III are printed online, by a Tax Collector or by a retail agent for no cost.
- Requirements: Unless exempt, you must have a valid Management Area Permit or a license that includes a management area permit in order to apply. Children age 15 that will turn 16 before or during the hunts should purchase a Management Area Permit and apply as a non-exempt hunter.
- Issuance Method: Quail Quota permits are issued by random drawing during Phases I and Phase II. Leftover permits are issued on a first come first served basis during Phase III. In the Phase I random drawing, applicants are selected based on their preference points. Applicants with the highest number of Quail Quota preference points are selected before those with less Quail Quota preference points
- Exemptions: There are no exemptions to this permit type.
- Restrictions: You may submit one Quail Quota application worksheet and receive up to one Quail Quota permit in Phase I or Phase II. You may receive up to five Quail Quota permits total in Phase III (including any permits awarded in Phase I or Phase II). You can only apply in Phase II if you have not already been awarded a Quail Quota permit during Phase I. You can have no more than one Quail Quota permit per hunt unit, and no more than five Quail Quota permits total. The selling or purchasing of any quota permit is prohibited.
- Groups: Group applications are NOT allowed for this permit type
- Preference Points: If you apply during Phase I and are unsuccessful, you will be awarded one Quail Quota preference point for next year (even if you get a permit in Phase II or Phase III). Preference points are cumulative and you will receive one additional Quail Quota preference point each year you apply in Phase I and are unsuccessful. If you apply during Phase I next year, and are drawn for a permit, your preference points will be reset to zero. No preference points are awarded if you fail to apply in Phase I. If you fail to apply during Phase I for two consecutive years, you’re preference points will be reset to zero. Successful applicants who return their quota permit 10 or more days before the first day of the hunt can have their preference points re-instated. See Returned Permits below
- Transferability: Quail Quota permits are NOT transferable.
- Guest Permits: Guest permits are NOT available for this permit type.
- Returned Permits: If you are unable to use your permit you can return it for re-issuance. When you login to apply, click on "Apply for Reissued Permits"
We are now reissuing returned permits by random-draw. The application period for reissues will be Saturday at 12 noon ET through Tuesday at 12 noon ET.
- Only one application per permit type may be submitted per customer with up to five choices per application.
- The drawings will be conducted on Tuesday afternoons, and the results will be posted by 10 am on Wednesdays.
- Left-over permits will be available first-come first-served on Wednesday mornings at 10 am.
If a permit is returned during the open application period and before deadline and there are other permits available for that same hunt, the returned permit is added instantly to the quota for the current drawing.
If a permit is returned after the application deadline or if there are no other permits available for that specific hunt in the current drawing, it is placed in the next scheduled drawing.
Returned permits will show on the Permit Availability page as they are returned.
There will be a separate column in the list of available permits that will display the returned permits as they are returned.
- Reprints: You can reprint lost or destroyed non-transferable Quail Quota permits online at no cost or at a license agent or tax collector office for about $2. 50.
- How to Apply: You can apply online (sign on and choose “Apply for Limited Entry/Quota Permit”) or complete the Application Worksheet (click "Application Worksheet" at bottom of page) and present it to any license agent or tax collector office . Children and resident management area permit holders who do not hold a Florida drivers license or Florida ID must apply as non-residents to use the online system. Resident disabled, residents age 65 or older and resident active duty military that do not have a Florida driver's license or Florida ID cannot use the online system and must apply at a license agent or tax collector and show another proof of residency.
- How to Get Your Permit: If successful in the Phase I or Phase II random drawings, you can print your permit online at no cost or at a license agent or tax collector office for $2.50 or $2.00 respectively. Permits issued in Phase I or Phase II will be available in the system for printing online, by a license agent or tax collector until the last day of the hunt. In Phase III (First-Come, First-Served Leftovers) you are immediately awarded your permit, and the license agent or tax collector will immediately print your permit one time for no cost. If applying online in Phase III, you can immediately print your permit. The permit will remain available online until the last day of your hunt. If you choose to pick up your permit online, be sure you have access to a printer and that your browsers pop-up blocker is disabled, so that you can print your permit directly from the website. If you are successful in a drawing and you have provided a valid, non blocked, email address, your permit will be emailed to you as well as posted to your record online.
Application Dates and Worksheet