An Ocklawaha Prairie Snipe Permit is a type of limited entry permit that is required in order to participate in designated snipe hunts on Ocklawaha Prairie. Click the Application Worksheet link at the bottom of the page for specific hunt dates.
- Cost: $0.00 - $2.50. Ocklawaha Prairie Snipe permits issued in the Phase I random drawing are posted to your customer account online and can be printed from the web site for no cost. The service of printing the permit issued in Phase I, or reprints at a Tax Collector or retail agent location will cost $2.00 or $2.50 respectively. Permits issued in Phase II are printed online, by a Tax Collector or by a retail agent for no cost.
- Requirements: Unless exempt, you must have a valid Management Area Permit or a license that includes a management area permit in order to apply. Children age 15 that will turn 16 before or during the hunts should purchase a Management Area Permit and apply as a nonexempt hunter.
- Issuance Method: Ocklawaha Prairie Snipe permits are issued by random drawing during Phase I. Leftover permits are issued on a first come first served basis during Phase II.
- Exemptions: There are no exemptions; you must be issued an Ocklawaha Prairie Snipe permit or be the guest of a permit holder to participate in theses hunts.
- Restrictions: You may submit one Ocklawaha Prairie Snipe application and receive up to one Ocklawaha Prairie Snipe permit in Phase I. You may obtain additional permits in Phase II, but no more than one permit per hunt. The selling or purchasing of any Snipe permit is prohibited.
- Group Applications: Group applications are NOT available for this hunt type. (See Guest Permits.)
- Preference Points: Preference points are NOT available for this hunt type.
- Transferability: Ocklawaha Prairie Snipe permits areNOTtransferable.
- Guest Permits: Guest permits are NOT available for this permit type; however, each Ocklawaha Prairie Snipe permit allows the permit holder and up to two additional hunting/non-hunting guest (one vehicle), the total group shall not exceed three persons.
- Returned Permits: Ocklawaha Prairie Snipe permits cannot be returned.
- Drawing Results: Drawing results are typically posted within about two weeks after the end of the application period. If you are successful in a drawing and you have provided a valid, non-blocked, email address, your permit will be emailed to you as well as posted to your record online.
- Reprints: You can reprint lost or destroyed non-transferable Ocklawaha Prairie Snipe permits online at no cost or at a license agent or tax collector office for about $2.50. Receipts, temporary license numbers, and printed copies of Internet pages may not be used as an Ocklawaha Prairie Snipe permit.
- How to Apply: You can apply online (choose “Apply for Limited Entry/Quota Permit”) or complete the Application Worksheet (click "Application Worksheet" at bottom of page) and present it to any license agent or tax collector office . Children and resident management area permit holders who do not hold a Florida drivers license or Florida ID must apply as non-residents to use the online system. Resident disabled, residents age 65 or older and resident active duty military that do not have a Florida driver's license or Florida ID cannot use the online system and must apply at a license agent or tax collector and show another proof of residency.
- How to Get Your Permit: If successful in the Phase I random drawing, you can print your permit online at no cost or at a license agent or tax collector office for $2.50 or $2.00 respectively. Permits issued in Phase I will be available in the system for printing online, by a license agent or tax collector until the last day of the hunt. In Phase II (First-Come, First-Served Leftovers) you are immediately awarded your permit, and the license agent or tax collector will immediately print your permit one time for no cost. If applying online in Phase II, you can immediately print your permit. The permit will remain available online until the last day of your hunt. If you choose to pick up your permit online, be sure you have access to a printer and to disable your browser’s pop-up blocker, so that you can print your permit directly from the website. If you are successful in a drawing and you have provided a valid, non-blocked, email address, your permit will be emailed to you as well as posted to your record online.
Application Dates and Worksheet