Green Swamp Camping Permit
A Green Swamp Camping Permit is a type of limited entry permit that is required in order to camp on Green Swamp Management Area during the Archery, General Gun, Wild Hog, Small Game, Spring Turkey, and Fish/Frog seasons. Thirty nine camp sites in each campground will require a limited entry permit to camp. The remaining camp sites will be filled first-come, first-served "on site" at the campground (471 "On Site" Camping permits , Rock Ridge "On Site" Camping Permits ).
- Cost: $0.00. Green Swamp Camping permits issued in the Phase I random drawing are posted to your customer account online and can be printed from the web site for no cost. The service of reprinting the permit at a Tax Collector or retail agent location will cost $2.00 or $2.50 respectively.
- Requirements: You must be at least 18 years of age. Unless exempt, you must have a valid Management Area Permit or a license that includes a management area permit in order to apply.
- Exemptions: There are no exemptions for this permit.
- Restrictions: You may submit one Green Swamp Camping application for each camping season and receive up to one Green Swamp Camping permit in Phase I or II for each camping season. You can only apply in Phase II if you have not already been awarded a Green Swamp Camping permit during Phase I. The selling or purchasing of any quota permit is prohibited.
- Groups: Group applications are not available for this permit. A camping permit holder may allow others to camp within their site; however, the permittee is responsible for their assigned site. The number of campers allowed per camping permit is limited only by the amount of space available on each specific campsite.
- Preference Points: Preference points are not available for Green Swamp Camping permits.
- Transferability: Green Swamp Camping permits are NOT transferable. The permittee is responsible for their assigned site. Green Swamp Camping permit holders have the option of returning their permit at anytime during a season at a drop box located in the campground (permit should be signed and dated prior to depositing). By returning a Green Swamp Camping permit, the permit holder will be relieved of any future responsibility for the site. Returned permits will become available for other campers using the “on-site” process.
- Guest Permits: Guest permits are not available for this permit type. See guest permit information.
- Returned Permits: Green Swamp Camping permit holders have the option of returning their permit at anytime during a season at a drop box located in the campground (permit should be signed and dated prior to depositing). By returning a Green Swamp Camping permit, the permit holder will be relieved of any future responsibility for the site. Returned permits will become available for other campers using the “on-site” process.
- Drawing Results: Drawing results are typically posted within about 2 weeks after the end of the application period. If you are successful in a drawing and you have provided a valid, non blocked, email address, your permit will be emailed to you as well as posted to your record online.
- Reprints: You can reprint lost or destroyed non-transferable permits online at no cost or at a license agent or tax collector office for about $2.50.
- How to Apply: You can apply online (sign on and choose “Apply for Limited Entry/Quota Permit”) or complete the Application Worksheet (click "Application Worksheet" at bottom of page) and present it to any license agent or tax collector office. Resident management area permit holders who do not hold a Florida drivers license or Florida ID must apply as non-residents to use the online system. Resident disabled, residents age 65 or older and resident active duty military that do not have a Florida driver's license or Florida ID cannot use the online system and must apply at a license agent or tax collector and show another proof of residency.
- How to Get Your Permit: If successful in the Phase I, you can print your permit online , at no cost or at a license agent or tax collector office for $2.50 or $2.00 respectively. Permits issued in Phase I will be available in the system for printing online, by a license agent or tax collector until the last day of the hunt. In Phase II (First-Come, First-Served Leftovers) you are immediately awarded your permit, and the license agent or tax collector will immediately print your permit one time for no cost. If applying online in Phase II, you can immediately print your permit. The permit will remain available online until the last day of your hunt.
2012-2013 Season Application Dates
All periods begin at 10:00am Eastern time and end at 11:59pm Eastern time
|Phase I: Applications for Random Drawing - Fishing and Frogging
March 8-18, 2013
|Phase II: First Come First Served Leftovers - Fishing and Frogging
||March 22 - June 16, 2013
Application Form and Campsite Choices