To hunt on wildlife management areas (WMAs), you must possess a management area permit and a hunting license, (and often other permits depending on species and season), unless exempt. Limited entry/quota permits are required on WMAs during certain time periods. They can only be applied for during the scheduled application periods. The worksheets with the hunt choices and hunt dates are usually posted about two weeks before the permit application period opens.
- WMA regulation brochures, including maps
New for this fall
– Bear hunting will be allowed on a limited number of areas this fall beginning October 24 and possibly continue until October 30. Please refer to page 3 of the bear hunting guide
for areas, specific dates and other area specific requirements, and the bear page
for additional information.
- Regional Map and Statewide map of WMA Locations
- Harvest Reports
- Hunting licenses and permits
- Apply, obtain worksheets and information about quota, special-opportunity, recreational use, alligator and waterfowl public hunting permits.
- WMAs that allow hunting without a quota permit, etc.
- Permit Requirements for WMA use other than hunting
- Python Hunting in WMAs (Everglades and Francis S. Taylor WMA, Rotenberger WMA, Holey Land WMA and Big Cypress WMA)
- ADA Accomodations for Persons with Disabilities
- Thanks to our partners and cooperators
Go to: Northwest | North Central | Northeast | Southwest | South
Links marked with * mean that the brochure has been updated since its original publication