Red Snapper – Gulf, Workshops
Action: FWC hosting several workshops in July and August
Information: The FWC has scheduled a series of Gulf of Mexico red snapper recreational stakeholder workshops beginning in late July to discuss state and federal management of recreational red snapper, and to explore potential future approaches to managing this fishery.
Anglers who would like to share their ideas to help improve management are encouraged to attend. Meeting dates and locations are listed below. All meetings will be from 6 to 8:30 p.m. local time.
- July 28: Pensacola, Pensacola City Hall – Hagler Mason room – 2nd Floor of City Hall, 222 West Main Street
- July 29: Destin, Destin Community Center, 101 Stahlman Ave.
- July 30: Panama City, FSU – Holley Center – Lecture Hall, Florida State University – Panama City, 4750 Collegiate Drive
- July 31: Carrabelle, Carrabelle City Hall Cafeteria, 1001 Gray Ave.
- August 11: St. Petersburg, Fish and Wildlife Research Institute -3rd Floor Conference Room, 100 Eighth Ave. SE
Call 850-487-0554 or email Marine@MyFWC.com for more.